Sometimes you install/uninstall some programs and it disturbs your internet settings. Your network icon displays internet access as available but you cannot browse websites.
To solve this problem you need to reset your TCP/IP settings. Follow the below steps to do this:
1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
2. Right Click on ‘Command Prompt‘. Select ‘Run as Administrator’.
3. It will open ‘Administrator: Command Prompt’
4. In the Black Command Box Type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
5. Hit Enter Key
6. Restart the computer and try to log in and browse the Internet. If the problem persists, continue using these steps.
7. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
8. Right Click on ‘Command Prompt‘. Select ‘Run as Administrator‘.
9. It will open ‘Administrator: Command Prompt’
10. In Black Command Box Type: netsh winsock reset
11. Hit Enter Key
12. Restart Computer
Reset IE to Default Options
1. Click Tools Menu
2. Click Internet Options at bottom
3. Click Advanced Tab on far right
4. Click Reset near bottom
5. Click Ok and Close Internet Explorer
6. Restart Internet Explorer