- Plug in the Flash drive and once it is ready open
- Right click on the flash drive icon and select ‘Format…’.
- Select FAT32 as ‘File System’.
- Select the Allocation Unit Size as ‘4096 Bytes’.
- Provide the ‘Volume Level’ of the drive.
- Uncheck ‘Quick Format’.
- Click on ‘Start’.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the confirmation dialog box.
- Click ‘OK’ on format complete dialog box.
- Navigate to the location where your installation files of Windows 7 are located.
- Select and copy all the files.
- Paste these files on the root of the flash drive.
Once the copying is complete this flash drive can be used as a bootable installation media for Windows 7. This process can be used for other versions of Windows also.
Boot the system from USB using BIOS settings.