While working on corporate data, it happens that we end up with too many columns. And it is not always necessary that we have enough display space to fit all the columns. In MS Excel we use Freeze Panes to freeze some columns, rows or both. This eases the visibility of header data with all the other scrolling fields.
Similarly, in Navision 2013, we have too many columns to fit in the available screen or page space. Here also, we can use Freeze Panes to freeze columns at least.
To freeze columns follow the below steps:
- Right Click on the column header of the data grid.
- Click on ‘Choose Columns…’ and it will open a dialog box with listing all the available columns.
- Click on the column up till which you want to freeze.
- Click on ‘Add Freeze Pane’ button.
- Click OK to Apply and Close the open dialog box.
To remove the ‘— freeze pane —-’ open the same dialog box, select ‘— freeze pane —-’ and click ‘Remove Freeze Pane’. Click OK to Apply and Close the open dialog box.