Applies To: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
You can use the structure of data that is contained in the data templates to convert your information into records in the database, one-by-one. To do so, you use the Create Instance function. This is a miniature version of the data migration process and can be useful for prototyping or treating smaller data creation tasks.
The following steps illustrate how to create an item card from an item data template. You can create a record from any data template using the same procedure.
To create a record from a configuration template
- In the Search box, enter Configuration Templates, and then choose the related link.
- In the Config. Template List window, select the item template that you have created and choose Edit. For more information on how to create a template, see How to: Create a Configuration Template.
- On the Actions tab, choose Create Instance. An item card is created.
- Choose the OK button.
- To review the new item card, in the Search box, enter Items, and then choose the related link.
- Open the new item card.
- Expand various FastTabs, and verify that the information was created correctly on them.